First, I would like to suggest that we hold Wed., December 5 as a final meeting day. We'll meet at our usual time, and each group can give us an update on its project. (Say, 20 minutes each.) The project need not be done, but we can hear about the progress and talk together for a final minute. If I can get my act together, we could have pizza or the like, and you could fill out the course evaluations.
Second, I would like to detail further what I expect in the proposal that each group should submit to me. These proposals should contain the following:
- Overview: A paragraph explaining the intellectual questions that the project hopes to answer.
- Work plan: A longer section discussing the evidence you plan to use, and how you plan to analyze this evidence in a way that addresses the questions named in section one.
- Personnel plan: A paragraph or set of bullet points explaining how the work in section 2 will be divided or shared by the members of the group.
- Outcome: A paragraph or two describing the final format you propose.
The total proposal should be 3-4 pages, single-spaced; no more.
I originally suggested that I would like to have the proposals by November 14. I am extending that deadline to the November 16. (If you submit them earlier, you will get feedback earlier.) You can e-mail the proposal to me, and I will respond via email as soon as I am able.
Keep in mind that your proposal is a plan, not a contract. You are not obligated to fulfill the proposal to the letter. However, if it changes substantially, you should notify me.
No comments:
Post a Comment