Dear "Historical Tourism" seminar
I have pulled out several of the topics that you proffered, especially any that had strong interest or multiple sets of interest. What I would like you to do is to e-mail me back with some sense of your preferences. Even if you already expressed a strong interest on your comment sheet, a brief e-mail reiterating that interest would help. If you want to rank your top 2-3 interests, that would be fine; if they all are of equal interest, that's fine as well. I'll do my best then to organize the groups; as a group, you will be in no way bound to the topic, or to how to refine it further. (It's also possible that we might have two groups working on the same site.) I'll tell you more about the next steps next week -- probably in class and via a post to the blog.
So, the topics/sites I have now are:
-- Stone Mountain
-- plantation spaces/Gone with the Wind
-- World of Coke
-- MLK Historic Site, with possible emphasis on either the housing and/or African American spaces like the Ebenezer Baptist Church
-- Civil War and/or confederate memorials in Atlana
-- regional/city sites that mark the presence of Native Americans
One more quick note: I realize from your comments that something I said may have left you with the wrong impression. During class, when we were brainstorming about possible research topics on MLKNHS, I said something like, "imagine a 30-page article." I did not mean to suggest that this is the form that your research project has to take (though it could). I was merely trying to narrow the parameters for the sake of the discussion. The final form that your research projects take will be what you propose to me, though I will have to approve your proposal. It may be a single thing or have several related components. Regardless we will talk more about this.
Please e-mail me about the topics when you are able.
Best regards, M.E.
Friday, October 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment