Group 1 (Confederate Civil War sites in Atlanta):
Levin Arnsperger
Brian Campbell
Joe Johnson
Maureen McCarthy
Group 2 (Plantation spaces)
Franky Abbott
Mary Battle
Stephanie Berger
Amy Hildreth
Group 3 (MLK Nat. Historic Site)
Ben Brazil
Corrinne Daniellot
Jessica Hinton
Alyssa Stalsberg
Group 4 (World of Coke)
Matt Michelson
Shoshana Resnikoff
Camila Aschner Restrepo
Roopika Risam
Now what? Your first step is to meet (at least once) to talk about your topic, and discuss how you might want to pursue it. During the next two weeks, you will want to work together to develop some ideas about what you find of interest, how you might pursue it, and what kind of research goals you want to achieve.
During class on October 31, each group will make a presentation of approximately 10 to 15 minutes about possible research directions and goals. The rest of the class, including me, will then respond and give feedback.
Two weeks later, on November 14, I will ask each group to turn into me an outline of three to four pages describing its research plan. I will say more in class about what I expect of these.
Keep in mind that each group may end up producing something very different in form. For instance, the end product need not be a single whole, but could have smaller related components. It could be a written article, a multimedia website, or some combination of these. I will evaluate your proposal, but there is no “right” thing to propose.
I want to emphasize that I am available to discuss your projects with you -- either individually or in groups -- throughout this entire process.
No comments:
Post a Comment