Erm, this is my first post so I hope the links works. If not I'll put it here too: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/travel/29spirituality.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
This is an article on the surge in Metaphysical/New Age type tourism that was in the NY Times a while ago, but I remembered getting a kick out of it. This was my favorite excerpt:
MR. KHATTAB, the guide, was apparently not exaggerating when he called Ms. Billger’s tour tame. He recalled a Dutch group — touring in the early ’90s, he said — whose members each incarnated as a different Egyptian deity each day. This extended to sleeping arrangements, so if one tourist was possessed by the god Osiris, and another by the goddess Isis, Osiris’s wife, those two tourists would spend the night together. The only problems Mr. Khattab had with this were logistical. “You had bills signed with ‘Seth’ and ‘Osiris’ and ‘Horus,’ ” he said. “You had to sort out which person was who on which day. It was a hassle.”
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember this article, since it came out the same week I toured Stone Moutain with some new age dowsers. Ask me to tell that story when we take our field trip. I'll point out the energy portals.
Post a Comment